USMS Shares Updates on 2018 Spring Nationals
Swimmers headed to Indianapolis are training for the largest USMS National Meet ever! The USMS emailed an update to all registered swimmers. The Meet Program is now available to download!
Those of you who have swum here previously will surely be impressed with the recent $20 million renovation of the IU Natatorium. For those of you visiting for the first time, be ready to swim in an extremely fast pool you’ll love.
The USMS website has all of the official information regarding the 2018 Nationwide USMS Spring National Championship. The USMS site has the complete meet schedule and will have the latest results. Remember to tell your friends, family, and teammates that the complete schedule, results, and live streaming will be available at usms.org.
Things You Need to Know
Below highlights important USMS announcements. Click here for the most up-to-date announcements.
- The estimated timeline is now available.
- The competition will start at 7:30 a.m. each day instead of 8:00 a.m.
- On competition days, the competition pool will be open from 6:00 a.m. until 7:20 a.m. and the warm-up pools will be available from 7:20 a.m. until the conclusion of the final event each day.
- The positive check-in deadlines for events 200 yards and longer will remain the same as originally published on the meet information page — 7:00 a.m or 9:00 a.m. each day depending on the event.
Psych Sheets and Scratch Deadline
- The pre-seeded heat sheets are available.
- The preliminary psych sheets have been published.
- Empty lanes can dampen competitive conditions and we’d like to avoid that when possible. Although we cannot offer any refunds, if you are absolutely certain you will not be swimming any of the 50s or 100s, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. You’ll be removed from those events before we seed the meet to cut down on empty lanes and provide for more competitive heats. Please note that once we take you out of an event, we cannot put you back in. Scratches will be accepted through April 20.
Sixth Event and Seeding
- There will be more than 2,300 swimmers at Spring Nationals, the largest USMS national championship ever. Therefore we will drop the sixth event from all swimmers’ individual entries if they signed up for six individual events. All final seeding decisions will be announced at usms.org by April 23, 2018.
- Hospitality passes, parking passes, and social tickets are still available for purchase.
- Spacious locker rooms are located on the east and west sides of the pool for both men and women. Personal locks are permitted during the day. However, locks and belongings must be removed by the end of each day.
- Bleachers will be available on deck for ample seating. No camping out is permitted in the back hallways surrounding the pool deck. Club banners or signs may be hung off the balcony railing above the bleacher seating using zip ties, cords, or rope. No tape or adhesive of any type is permitted on the walls.
Get Tech Ready
- Use ACTIVE Network’s Meet Mobile or Club Assistant’s SwimPhone to access heat sheets and instant results on your mobile device.
What’s Your Story?
- At Nationals, we collect stories from athletes for our coverage of the event. Did you overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles to compete? Are you here to break records or barriers? It doesn’t matter if it’s your first meet or your 50th, if you have a good story, we’d like talk to you! Write to publications@
Need Something at the Meet?
- Check out the USMS Partner Village for the latest racing gear and your favorite swim products, plus interactive games, fun prizes, and swag.
Still Have Questions?
- If you have questions, please contact USMS Event Services at email@example.com or call 941-256-USMS (8767)